Parents and staff,
To maximize instruction time and opportunities for learning, the Farmington Municipal Schools has made several changes to our inclement weather procedures for the 2022-2023 school year. Here are the changes:
- In the event school buildings are closed due to snow or other inclement weather, schools will be canceled on those days. There will not be any remote learning.
- There can be 2-hour delays during the 2022-2023 school year. If buses cannot run at their regular times, they will pick students up 2 hours later than usual.
- There will be no 2-hour delays on Mondays. In the event of inclement weather, schools will be canceled on those days.
- If there is a 2-hour delay on Tuesday through Friday, the preschool AM session is canceled, and the preschool PM session will still be held.
- On days when inclement weather cancels school, all co-curricular activities, extra-curricular activities, and other district activities are canceled unless the Superintendent or their designee makes an exception.
- On Remote Learning Days, Student Nutrition will delay meal delivery by at least two hours. Student Nutrition can cancel both meal curbside pick-up and delivery. Staff can find current information about meal sites here.
- The PR Department will make announcements on the website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and via phone calls and emails. Notifications are also sent to local and regional media outlets (see a list of local television stations below).
Every day of learning makes an impact on a student's education, especially this year. Families should consider these school days, attendance will be taken and classwork will be assigned and due by teachers as normal.